Cookies and Flowers

I’m in the process of creating a Twilight, Texas First Love Cookie Club cookbook, available for free in ebook to anyone who joins my private FB group.

Lori Wilde’s Wildings. https://www.facebook.com/groups/452076275271253/

As I was creating the cookbook, and including a recipe from the heroine of The Welcome Home Garden Club, Caitlyn Marsh–who is a florist–it occurred to me that when entertaining, certain flower arrangements could be paired with certain recipes for a cohesive presentation.

For instance, sugar cookies would pair quite well with a flowering vanilla orchid.

Or Peppermint Cookies with Sweet Williams.

Food and wine pairings are a thing. Why not food and flowers? When entertaining, have you have ever chosen flowers for your table based on the food you were serving? What foods do you think would pair well with what flowers?

6 Comments

1. Dawn D’Elisa on November 3, 2018 at 3:32 pm

1.steak, baked potato,green beans & rolls. Flower/spider mums. 2. Spaghetti & meatballs, salad and garlic bread flowers/red carnations. 3. Fried chicken, potato salad,corn on the cob & biscuits. Flower/ Daisy. 4. Salmon cakes, mac&cheese, broccoli and roll. Flower/Irises.😊💐🌹🌼🌷🌸🌻🌟🍽

• Lori Wilde on November 3, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Great choices!

Lori

2. Shelly A. Foisia-Shaw on November 3, 2018 at 3:44 pm

I have done wine with dessert pairings, and craft beers with tailgate food but never ever have I paired flowers with the flavors presented in the food. Marvelous idea!!!

• Lori Wilde on November 3, 2018 at 4:31 pm

It could be a lot of fun!

3. Karen Hackett on November 4, 2018 at 6:11 am

Wow! Flowers and cookies? Who knew? I love flowers because of their beautiful colors. Poppy and sunflowers are two I love best. We all know poppies is used in remembrance of those who served our country,. Sunflowers offers a sunny appeal with its bright color while their narrow stems reminds us of their sturdiness to stand tall. What cookies would go well with these two flowers?

• Lori Wilde on November 4, 2018 at 2:07 pm

Yes! Flowers have great symbolism.

Lori